Monday, June 9, 2008

If Daddy ain't happy....

Ok, so yeah, I'm not too good at this blog thing. I think it's because I really want something profound to write about but find it a little scary to write something very personal, maybe shallow,  and quite possibly completely wrong. Right now everyone is in bed and I'm not sleepy. I'm watching 'Jon & Kate Plus 8'....one of my favorite shows. I think I even sleep better after watching them and their six 3 year olds and a set of twins. It is exhausting and entertaining at the same time. I end up feeling very capable of taking care of my 3 boys.  
Speaking of exhausting, Daniel was sick today and spent most of the day in bed. The boys and I spent the day just hanging out at home. I did a lot of cleaning and washing clothes. The boys played in the sprinkler. It's been so hot that it's just plain senseless to be outside unless you're in water. They had a blast. After dinner, we played 'I Spy Bingo', had some popcorn, and put them to bed. A nice day today. No terrible attitudes or major fights to report. Although, I have to insist on a new saying....'If Daddy ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.' His head cold seemed to damper the mood around the house and I am praying he feels better in the morning...and that none of the rest of us catch it. So that's it. Nothing profound today. Pictures will be posted tomorrow. I'm getting sleepy now, so goodnight.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for pictures coming! :-) I do hope he gets better. Let me encourage you to just go for it. Be inspired by all those people who we "blogspy" on. They write about even the mundane and we still enjoy reading them.
As soon as I can figure out how to do my blog then I will join you!