Sunday, June 15, 2008

He's like the best Dad ever!

We've had a wonderful weekend....celebrating the wonderful husband I have, an amazing father to our children. As well as, spending time with my dad who showed me by example what kind of man to wait for, to set my standards high. Daniel has exceeded those standards. He is more than I even hoped for. Ok, I'll stop now with the mushy talk. But I am so thankful. 
Saturday I woke up feeling rough. It seems I have caught the head cold that has spread thru the rest of my family. Everyone else seems to be doing great. We spent the day out on Saturday. We went for ice cream and then did some shopping. We ended up at Rosie's to celebrate Daniel. Father's Day and Mother's Day ends up pretty crazy with church and then lunch with my family and dinner with Daniel's. So, we've started celebrating each other on Saturday. Just so you know the kind of man I have, while we were at Rosie's, Jonas started fussing. Daniel offered to take him outside in the heat. He didn't settle down much out there so he brought him back in when our food arrived. At that time, Evan needed a potty, so with Jonas still in his arms, Daniel took Evan to the restroom. On the way back, Jonas spit up all over him and onto the floor. Daniel then just told a waiter what happened so it could be cleaned up. I felt a tap on my arm and the lady sitting at the table next to us said 'He's like the best dad ever! he's wonderful!' She's right. He is wonderful. Jonas got happy and the rest of our meal was great. 
After Rosie's, we ended the day with a game of kickball with the boys in the front yard. The loosing team, Daniel decided, would get sprayed with the water hose. Sure enough, just as he probably predicted, Micah and I lost. So he made sure we both got good and wet. Then, of course, Evan wanted a turn. It was a fun end to a busy day. 
Sunday we went to my parent's for lunch. It was delicious, as always. Grilled (on the Green Egg) Mahi Mahi, roasted potatoes, salad, grilled corn on the cob, bread and the best I've ever had homemade Strawberry Shortcake. Mmmmm....Then we spent most of the day outside. Either in the back yard or in the pool. It was wonderfully exhausting. A great day to appreciate the 2 most important men in my life. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I knew you would make this look great. Look how much Jonas has changed. Love you and welcome back!!!!!!!!!