Sunday, December 21, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys

Hello. I feel as though I need to reintroduce myself. It has been too long. I really am not cut out for this blogging thing. As soon as I sit down to type this out, I immediately think of all the things I SHOULD be doing....reading my Bible, doing the never ending piles of laundry, wash the dog, plan for the next school day. The list goes on and on. But here I am....inoring those nagging thoughts. 
February is a long month for me here at the Cothran house. February is the month my hubby lives for. Each year he heads to New Hampshire with his brothers to 'play in the snow'. They spend a week ice climbing, skiing, snow mobiling, and eating clam chowder. It is a long week for me, especially having 3 boys now. It seems each year I either have a new addition to the family or I am great with child. Either way, it is, at times, exhausting. I am always glad for him to go because I know how much it means to him. If it were up to him, we would be living where it is frigid most of the year. So, it's a good compromise. He gets to visit the snow and I get to live in the south. This year went pretty easily. I felt independent and proud of myself. Slightly feminist even. I don't NEED a man! (ha...I just really really want one.) I really think I need him much more than he needs me....although, he would argue that. I am just thankful for good boys who made it all a joy.
So, we were so excited to have him home. I then remembered...it is February. Oh dear. That means my man will be leaving me for snow once again. And that is where we are at today. It's his annual back-packing trip to LeConte. He went with my dad, his brother, and my brother-in-law. The colder, the better. Tonight Daniel is sleeping on a mountain in the Smokies with snow and ice all around. In his element. Perfectly happy. Here I am, alone in our bed....with you. My blog. The boys are tucked in and sleeping sweetly. This is the hardest time of day when he is gone. It's OUR time. Only 2 days to go. I can do it. 
I think I'm due a cruise or something. I think my new hobby should be 'beaches'...since his seems to be 'snow'. 
Anyway, I thought I'd post a couple pics of him doing what he does. My manly man. 

No comments: