Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I've got the best dad in the whole world.

Tonight was special. It was one of those moments that you want to last forever. I'm going to let you in on some sweetness. 
I went to church tonight and enjoyed a powerful message. It was on Numbers 27 and being a 'Daddy's girl'. We can crawl into Daddy's lap and share our hearts. Cry. Laugh. Or just listen. There is nothing that separates a Daddy and His girl. This is the love that we can know. It was a powerful, beautiful message. What hit me was this....I have the responsibility to show my children that the Lord is my everything. That if everything else was gone, I would still have Him. That He is who I live for, He is who I love first. To impart this to them so that they can walk it out themselves. That their relationship with our Father will be real. So that if I weren't here, they would walk out their faith. That He would be their first love as well. I left feeling challenged and encouraged. 
Daniel and the boys went to his parents house for dinner. On the way home they were listening to music loudly, the way Micah likes it. You see, Micah has a thing for music. Really, it's bizarre. He has always been this way. It seems there is rhythm in his bones. Anyway, right before they got home, Daniel put on a worship song by Rick Pino "We Have the Best Dad" which is just like the title implies. We have the best Dad in the whole world. (seemed to be the theme of the evening....coincidence? I think not.) Daniel looks in his mirror and notices that Micah is just rockin'. Normal. Then he looks again. Micah then has his hands raised and is singing (loudly) 'I will give you everything God! I will praise you! I will give you cash. I praise you God! I will give you my toys! I will give you everything! I will give you cash!' I wish I were there. They got home and Daniel asked him if he liked that song. He said 'Yes, I changed it a little bit. I just wanted God to know that I will give Him whatever He wants.' 
Nothing like the heart of a child. Pure sweetness. Abandoned sincerity.
I feel encouraged. My children are 'Daddy's Boys' and I pray the Lord will always be this real to them...the simplicity of His love

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet about Micah! he's such a great kid. I'm enjoying stalking your blog :) love ya!

-Sherle