Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys


Ok, I'm sitting at home, watching my DH and bro-in-law play some 'shoot 'em up' xbox game. There isn't a lot of deep meaningful conversation going on here. Hardly more than grunting. Maybe an occasional hoop or holler'. So I thought what a great time to update you all on my weekend. 
Friday we had a normal 'school day' with the boys. The weather was nice so Daniel decided to take Micah and Evan camping. He and his brother, Joel, loaded up their gear and headed to Ditto Landing. It's a small campground but nice place to take kids and very close to our house, should there be an emergency need to get home. There are bathrooms and actually a playground right by where they camped. I'm surprised Daniel would even qualify it as camping at all. Anyway, I stayed home with Jonas. We both slept better that way. The next morning we met them at the campsite for breakfast and then a bike ride along the Tennessee River. Very nice. The weather was perfect. It was so fun to see the boys in their element...all 4 of them! Micah and Evan were having a blast. I just sat back and smiled. I love my boys. Around noon we headed back to civilization. Here are a few pics that I took on Saturday morning.


Saturday night we had our monthly 'UFC night'. There was a pay-per-view event that we rented at our place. Daniel invites a bunch of the guys and they eat snacks and have, once again, gruntin', hoopin', and hollerin'. It's a lot of fun actually. It's a little disturbing how much I enjoy these 'UFC nights'. One of the guys brought his wife and baby, so it was the best of both worlds.....girl talk AND ultimate fighting. Fun times! 
Sunday was a nice day with the family. We had a delicious lunch at my parent's house. We have all gone 'vegan' so it was a meatless meal but absolutely yummy. I really don't even miss the meat. Even when I think about having a burger or something, it just doesn't sound good. (For those who are curious, one day I'll write more about this new diet of ours.) Sunday night I went to the worship service at church by myself. It was a nice way to end the day and begin the week...refreshed. 
Yesterday and today have been all about schooling and cleaning. I did some hardcore floor scrubbing...oh, sorry. Boring! Today my friend Sherle came over with her boys. She brought her precious new baby, Samuel. He just came home from the hospital last week and is a whopping 4 lbs! I could hold him all day. Looking at those tiny toes, perfect ears, and even that little voice of his...I just kept thinking of the goodness of God. Life is a beautiful miracle. 
Here is a picture of this little miracle

We had a nice visit and our boys had such fun together. It will be exciting to watch our boys grow up and play together....Micah, Paul, Evan, Jonas, and Samuel. 
So there is a summary of the last few days. I like this blogging thing. It helps me slow life down a bit and reflect on the day. Somehow, looking at the day as a whole, I see all the good in it. No matter how much disciplining takes place, how down I may start my day, or how monotonous it all gets; I like to end it like this. 
Thank you, Lord, for all that I've been given. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and so be it! :-)

Samuel is so precious and tiny! Thanks for showing the picture of the two of you. Seeing you hold him shows just how small he is. What a miracle!

Anonymous said...

i love this picture! i just got some developed yesterday. i'll bring them next time we come over!